2014年8月19日 星期二

The Story about My First Exclusive Interview

      I can still remember how afraid I was that day although the first time I interviewed a female broadcaster who had got the Golden Bell Award was many years ago. I represented a monthly publication to interview her and we met in an expensive restaurant.
She was very kind and glad to answer all the questions I asked. Even so, I was anxious about the bill during the entire interview because I was just a student at a college of Taipei and I was afraid that I could not afford to pay the bill. As we finished our ice cream the interview ended. She was quite pleased about the interview and said” you are just a student so I will take care of the bill.” It was beyond my expectation but it also made me relieved.
     After the interview, I spent lots of time writing drafts of the interview and had talks with her on the phone to correct the content of the interview. When she received the magazine, she called me to express that she was satisfied with the article about the interview and invite me to visit her house.
Finally, she became my boss. She paid me money to help her radio program write weekly summaries of books to recommend to her audience. Even though I came back to Taichung, I continued the job for almost 2 years. I enjoyed reading many great books for free because of the part-time job. How lucky I was! I have been appreciating that she not only treated me very nicely but also gave me an opportunity to train my writing ability.

Herb 2014-07-14
Corey Edited 2014-07-15